Maintenance Worker, Mistissini
• Maintain all Cree Nation Government’s buildings and housing units in adequate and expected conditions.
• Install, repair and maintain all mechanical equipment, structural components and building fixtures (such as but not limited to windows, frames, doors, etc.).
• Maintain Cree Nation Government’s grounds (e.g. lawn mowing, snow removal and any other applicable tasks).
• Inspect housing units and report the results for maintenance purposes.
• Maintain an inventory of supplies and stock.
• Move furniture and equipment.
• Complete the weekly activity log sheet.
• Ensure that the maintenance of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles is done annually.
• Complete record of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles log book (mileage, repairs, fuel and others).
• Work closely with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Clerk and ensure that maintenance requests from clients are answered.
• Respond to emergency maintenance.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Knowledge of general and preventative maintenance procedures aimed at handling both buildings and grounds’ maintenance.
• Proven ability to work for long hours in standing position.
• Agility to perform physical tasks constantly.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
• Judgment and ability to problem-solve.
• Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.