DIRECTOR OF FORESTRY, Waswanipi
The Director of Forestry is responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the Cree Nation Government’s mission and vision related to forestry in Eeyou Istchee are attained. The Director is responsible for developing departmental goals, programs, services, initiatives and projects in support of the implementation of chapter 3 of the Paix des Braves Agreement and the collaborative regimes outlined in the governance agreement with Quebec.
• Oversee departmental goals, budgets and objectives, in line with the organization’s and the department’s mission and vision. • Develop annual and three to five-year operational plans for the department.
• Lead the development, communication, implementation and evaluation of policies, processes and procedures for departmental operations, services and programs.
• Review performance data that includes financial and activity reports, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
• Participate in the various committees or Boards related to the implementation of the Department’s mandate and participate in negociation of agreements.
• Promote positive relations and concerted action with all external partners.
• Directly supervise and lead direct reports and ensure effective supervision of others within the team.
• Prepare quarterly and annual reports regarding status and progress of department services, programs, projects and initiatives to track goal accomplishment, as well as budget spending.
• Oversee preparation and approve reports to funding authorities.