EMPLOYMENT COUNSELLOR, Waswanipi
The Employment Counsellor is responsible for providing employment counselling services to its community, in respect with Apatisiiwin Skills Development Policy to support Eeyou Istchee’s residents with their integration and retention to the Labour Market.
• Provide individualized employment counselling services using on the Client Service Delivery Model to assess their employability need and clarify their career goal.
• Facilitate client’s integration to the Labour Market.
• Promote and collaborate with local and regional resources to help clients reach their career goal and employment objectives.
• Refer clients to employment or training opportunities.
• Assist recipients and clients with the application process to apply to Apatisiiwin Skills Development programs and services.
• Conduct, when requested, project monitoring and ensure compliance with Apatisiiwin Skills Development policies and procedures, in the respective community.
• Promote local and regional employment opportunities via local medias.
• Co-Facilitate workshops with the Senior Employment Counsellor on work search techniques such as resume writing and on employment counselling.
• Promote and facilitate employment opportunities in the community by developing and maintaining a referral network and providing information to local and regional partners.
• Participate to the development of Regional and local Career Fair and other promotional events.
• Participate on local Committees related to employment and training.
• Update Client Database Files with each intervention.
• Participate to the Labour Market Survey.