OFFICE MANAGER, Chisasibi
As the Office Manager, your role would include managing the daily activities of the Corporation’s office and supervising certain administrative and support staff. The Office Manager also acts as a liaison with the Cree communities regarding general enquiries and requests. You would provide logistical and administrative support with the organization of the Corporation’s meetings and other activities. You would contribute to the preparation of annual operating budgets and carry out certain accounting duties. A more detailed job description can be obtained upon request. The individual in this position will report to the President-Treasurer and will be responsible for a number of tasks as outlined below under Responsibilities.
• Oversees the efficient management of the office;
• Assists in the preparation of disbursements from the Corporation’s various funds;
• Administers the Corporation’s office policies and procedures, as well as evaluates, recommends, and implements any new procedures, as necessary;
• Supervises, monitors, and evaluates the work of certain administrative and support staff, including establishing their priorities and delegating tasks;
• Maintains in good order the Corporation’s filing system, including its administrative and archival records;
• Maintains the Corporation’s personnel records
• Prepares and processes the employee payroll;
• Prepares the accounts payable, reviews invoices and adjusts as necessary, verifies the proper posting of entries to the general ledger;
• Ensures that the Corporation’s office supplies and equipment are maintained in good order.