Under the general direction of the Director of Cree Human Resources Development and the immediate supervision of the Coordinator of Programs and Services, the Cree Employment Officer is responsible for providing and ensuring services related to all programs and measures under the CHRD mandate.
• Assess client needs, obtain information and identify appropriate measures.
• Compile and collect information pertaining to job openings, entry-level skills requirements and other occupational information.
• Maintain labour market data using the CHRD database.
• Organize, maintain and distribute information related to Employment Insurance benefits, HRDC and CHRD programs and services.
• Set up information booths, for clients and at local general assemblies, pertaining to CHRD programs and Employment Insurance benefits, regarding eligibility, procedures, processing and regulations.
• Conduct, if requested, regular and periodic project follow-ups and monitoring of all projects and ensure compliance with policies and procedures in the respective community.
• Facilitate workshops such as resume writing in the respective community.
• Assist clients’ and recipients’ potential by providing information pertaining to programs, funding sources, or policy and procedure changes, and assists, as needed, in writing and submitting proposals
Internal and External Responsibilities:
• Conduct counselling with clients and refer them to the Career Counsellor when needed.
• Provide labour market information such as training and employment issues at the request of the local and sectorial employers, Band administration and the CHRD coordination office.
• Explain benefits, programs and services to potential recipients.
• Refer clients to local employment opportunities and recruit labour for local employers.
• Train, as needed, new or less experienced Cree Employment Officers or other technical and/or clerical staff.
• Input and maintain data on employment and education in the Cree Regional Authority Information System (CRAIS).
• Produce monthly and quarterly activity reports pertaining to local and CHRD programs and services.
• Perform other related tasks as requested by the Coordinator of Programs and Services/Director of Cree Human Resources Development.