Liaison Officer, Mistissini
TITLE: Liaison Officer
DEPARTMENT: Cree Human Resources Development STATUS: Contractual
SALARY GRADE 4: Minimum $46,031- Maximum $69, 047
Under the Direction of the Director of Cree Human Resources Development Department (CHRD), the Liaison Officer mandate is to ensure the liaison, at the local and regional level, between the Cree Communities and Emploi-Quebec. The Liaison Officer primary focus is to assist in the delivery of quality services to clients and ensure that a significant portion of its tasks are carried out in close collaboration with Emploi-Québec.
• Act as a main liaison between Emploi-Quebec, CHRD and the Cree Communities.
• As the CHRD representative, collaborate with Emploi-Quebec, to organize meetings, distribute to the Cree Communities all the information concerning the employment opportunities.
• Provide Labour Market information, on the services, employment and programs offered by Emploi-Quebec.
• Provide information related to the employment in the James Bay region and the role of Emploi-Quebec towards the Cree Communities and various partners.
• Inform the clientele of the various services provided by the Employment offices through presentation.
• Guide the clients and businesses, with the collaboration of Emploi-Quebec, towards the appropriate sources of information that will respond to their needs.
• Gather all resources required for the completion of projects by using resources offered by Emploi-Québec.
• Assist with the recruitment of labour required for all major economic projects.
• Collaborate with Emploi-Quebec, to organize meetings, and distribute to the Cree Communities all the information concerning the employment opportunities.
• Analyze employment-related data and prepare reports.
• Assist in drafting letters, reports and other work-related documents.
• Visit each Cree community twice a year to do follow-ups and assess potential needs.
• Perform other related tasks as requested by the Director of CHRD.