Special Programs for Persons with Disabilities
The objective of the Special Programs for Persons with Disabilities is to assist persons with disabilities in preparing for, obtaining and keeping employment or becoming self-employed, thereby increasing their economic participation and independence.
These Programs are exclusively for persons having any restriction or lack of ability to perform an activity in the manner or within the range considered normal for a human being.
Funding is available namely for:
- All or a portion of the incremental costs of participation such as expenses relating to specialized services, equipment, transportation and accommodation
- Training fees (tuition, material, etc.)
- Training allowance
- Training-related materials and supplies used exclusively for training
- Travel expenses
- Meals and lodging
- Unemployed Cree and non-Cree 15 years old and over
- Any organization (business, partnership, society, band council, agency, non-profit organization, etc. not necessarily owned by a Cree beneficiary).
, Program Officer